18 November 2021
The webinar presented the ILO’s vision on robust and sustainable social protection systems as the basis for reaching universal social protection and explain how its Global Flagship Programme on Building Social Protection Floors for All will contribute to making this change happen.
The session also explained how the Flagship Programme contributes to implementing the conclusions on social protection adopted by the International Labour Conference in June 2021. At the Conference, ILO Members States, employers’ and workers’ representatives strongly recognised the need to build universal social protection systems, and the need for greater global solidarity to overcome coverage and financing gaps. ILO member States recognised the need for the ILO to reinforce its leadership role in the multilateral system and to explore the design and implementation of a Global Financing Mechanism for social protection that could complement and support countries’ domestic efforts to finance social protection.
- Richard Rori, Social Protection Policy and Research Analyst at the National Social Security Fund, Kenya
- Ariel Pino, Social Protection and Occupational Safety and Health Specialist of the ILO Decent Work Team and Office for the Caribbean
- André Gama, Social Protection Programme Manager for ILO’s Country Office in Viet Nam
- Aileen O’Donovan, Social Protection Policy Lead, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Irish Aid
- Aurélie Klein, Social Protection Technical Officer, ILO Social Protection Department
Moderator: Zehra Rizvi, Social protection in emergencies specialist (consultant)