18 August, 2022
This webinar explored vital lessons, challenges, and opportunities from a range of country contexts, and how such inter-country and inter-region learning could be harnessed in the design and implementation of effective social protection and child benefit programmes.
Objectives of the UNICEF and IPC-IG Webinar on Social Protection and Child Benefits:
- To obtain a high level and global picture of social protection challenges, opportunities, and deficits in UNICEF countries in the South in the immediate aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To share experiences from countries represented at the webinar that have successfully implemented comprehensive social protection programmes that benefit children and their families.
- Promote country-to-country learning on actions, experiences, lessons learnt and good practices on social protection and child benefits schemes in the context of COVID-19.
- To understand how to harness the complementary power of social sector programmes that enhance the overall value and effectiveness of social assistance for children.
- Discuss how such learning, sharing and stock-taking could be institutionalised in an annual UNICEF webinar series supportive of the goals of the SSTC.
- Niklas Stephan, South-South Cooperation Officer, UNICEF Brazil
- Natalia Winder-Rossi, Global Director of Social Policy, NY
- Sarah Shahyar, Chief Social Policy, UNICEF Thailand
- Remy Pigois, Social Policy Manager, Tunisia Country Office
- Anaïs Vibranovski, Researcher, IPC-IG
- Christine Muhigana, Country Representative, UNICEF South Africa
- Xiaojun Grace Wang, Deputy Director, UN Office for South-South Cooperation
Moderator: Tayllor Renee Spadafora, Regional Social Protection Specialist, ESAR