14 April 2022
Online Community on Social Protection in Crisis Contexts, UNICEF, IFRC, FCDO
This webinar looked at the Ukrainian refugee response and where and how humanitarian cash can link to and support social protection systems. The webinar was split into two parts:
- The first part of the webinar focused on Poland where we will hear directly from the Government of Poland and ZUS (Social Insurance Institution). ZUS is responsible for receiving applications and making payments against the “Big Four” national social protection programmes for children and families: Family 500+, Dobry Start, Family Care Capital, and the Nursery Benefit.
- The second part of the webinar invited reflections from researchers and advisors on the regional refugee response and linkages between humanitarian cash and social protection programming.
- Dr Andrzej Szybkie, Director Social Insurance Institution, ZUS
- Bozena Sojka, Research Fellow on ICRD, University of Wolverhampton
- Massimo la Rosa, Policy adviser in social protection, forced displacement and nexus, European Comission
Pamela Dale, Regional Advisor for Social Policy and Economic Analysis, UNICEF ECARO
Sarah Blin, Independent Consultant