16 November 2021
socialprotection.org, SPACE, NORCAP
This meeting brought together key stakeholders representing governments, UN, donors, NGOs and humanitarians to collectively reflect on different (and sometimes common) challenges, such as the difficulties in strengthening the links between humanitarian and social protection responses, establishing cooperation among agencies and committing to universality. Speakers were invited to bring to light the blind spots of these and other discussions, and to have their own say about possibilities to build forward better as a community.
The meeting was collaborative, as the public was able to directly interact with discussants, raising other important and critical aspects to be addressed during the event.
- Cecilia Mbaka, Head National Social Protection Secretariat, Government of Kenya
- Petrona Davies, Social Policy Specialist, Ministry of Health and Social Development, British Virgin Islands
- Natalia Winder Rossi, Director, Social Policy and Social Protection, UNICEF
- Kathryn Taetzsch, Global Director, Humanitarian Partnerships/ Cash & Voucher Based Programming, Disaster Management, World Vision International
- Yolande Wright, Global Director Child Poverty, Climate and Urban, Save the Children
- Sigrid Kühlke, Thematic Expert Forced Displacement/ Migration, Nexus and Social Protection – Africa, ECHO
- Marie-Rose Romain Murphy, Co-Founder and President of ESPWA and of Fondation Communautaire Haitienne-Espwa/The Haiti Community Foundation
Moderator: Zehra Rizvi, Social protection in emergencies specialist (consultant)