3 September 2020
The panel of researchers and discussants shared with the audience how governments can leverage recent research and macroeconomic insights from India, Egypt, Malawi, Rwanda, and the Philippines to strengthen economic recovery programming in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The core focus of the webinar was on the integration of economic inclusion interventions, such as BRAC’s Graduation approach, into the pandemic response and how they can be best used in tandem with social assistance to respond to current and emerging needs brought on by the crisis.
- Shagun Sabarwal, Director of Policy, Training and Communications, J-PAL South Asia
- Rahma Ali, Senior Research Associate, J-PAL Middle East and North Africa
- Alex Avila, Assistant Secretary, Department of Labor and Employment, Government of the Philippines
- Dalitso Kalimba, Deputy Director, Department of Economic Planning and Development, Government of Malawi
- Vincent Gahamanyi, Social Policy Specialist, UNICEF
Moderator: Lauren Whitehead, Director of Technical Assistance, BRAC Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative