21 July 2020
As schools start to reopen, South-South cooperation, as a means for knowledge exchange and technical assistance, can contribute to programme adaptation and resilience. This webinar presented the global picture and the tools available to support school feeding programmes in Latin America, Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa while the effects of the health crisis can still be felt. Voices from the field across the globe showcased how they are dealing with coping mechanisms and managing continuity while planning for the improvement of measures during a long-term crisis.
- Pedro Mortara, Programme Policy Officer leading School Feeding actions, WFP Mozambique Country Office
- Chhun Ramy, Deputy Secretary of the Primary Education Department, Ministry of Education Youth and Sports of Cambodia
- Mr. Juan Carlos Martínez, Director of the School Feeding Special Management, Ministry of Education, Government of Colombia
- Carmen Burbano, Director and co-author of “WFP, UNICEF, FAO Interim guidance for COVID-19 prevention and control in schools”, WFP School-Based Services
- Jorge Chediek, Director, United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation and Envoy of the Secretary-General on South-South Cooperation
Moderator: Daniel Balaban, Director, WFP Centre of Excellence in Brazil