16 September 2021
To support governments in improving the food security and nutritional outcomes of social programs, FAO, in collaboration with partners, has developed the Inter-Agency Social Protection Assessment Tool for food security and nutrition (ISPA-FSN Tool). Its main objective is to support national and subnational governments in assessing how social protection programs can be harnessed to improve FSN outcomes.
The webinar launched and presented an overview of the ISPA-FSN Tool, and discussed the experience and lessons drawn from implementing it at country level. The aim of the webinar was to make the Tool known to a wide audience and encourage its uptake and application. Experts from government and international organizations have shared their insights and offered useful lessons to other countries interested in using the Tool to inform the design of their social protection programs.
- Alejandro Grinspun, Senior Economist, FAO
- Veronica Wodsak, Social Protection Policy Specialist, ILO
- Ahmed Raza, Nutrition and Food Systems Officer, FAO
- Luke Harman, Senior Social Protection Advisor, Save the Children
- Hasan Ashqar, Director General of Planning and Policies, Ministry of Agriculture of the State of Palestine
- Farid Selmi, Nutrition and Resilience Specialist in Cambodia, GiZ
- Ms. Reveca Chávez, Head of Studies and Dissemination of the Research Directorate of the VPS-MDS, Paraguay
- Andrea Spray, Nutrition Consultant, World Bank
- Patrizia Fracassi, Senior Nutrition and Food Systems Officer, FAO
Moderator: Maya Takagi, Regional program leader for FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean, FAO