15 September 2022
ODI; World Food Programme, WFP
This webinar focused on how digital financial inclusion for men and women recipients of digital cash from humanitarian organisations and government social protection actors can be enhanced, and what supply side actors (humanitarian and social protection actors, and the private sector) can do to achieve this goal.
First, the session outlined key findings of the study on how men and women recipients of digital cash in the Asia and Pacific region receive and make payments, savings and obtain credit. Second, it invited panellists and audience observations on recommendations and specific examples that deliver on the needs of men and women recipients.
- Moizza B Sarwar, Research Fellow, ODI
- Stephanie Diepeveen, Research Fellow, ODI
- Barnaby Willitts-King, Director of Research and Policy, GSMA
- Manuel Rothe, Senior Programme Officer and CBI focal person in the CBM Humanitarian Team, CBM
- Clara Setiawan, Lead on Cash Voucher Assistance, ICRC
Moderator: Astrid de Valon, Digital Financial Inclusion and Women’s Economic Empowerment – Team Lead, WFP CBT HQ